55,000 Degrees seeks an Initiative Coordinator who will play a critical function in the organization providing project and event planning, partnership communications, and logistical support to the many facets of this exciting community-wide partnership.
Duties and Responsibilities will include but are not be limited to:
- Assist the Executive Director and team with scheduling, event planning and logistical needs
- Support ED by tracking progress of certain strands of work, communicating with partners, and supporting internal organizational communications
- Coordinate 55K board and committee meetings by scheduling meetings, tracking attendance, developing agenda and handouts, keeping minutes, and sending follow-up notes
- Provide logistical support to action networks and teams such as the College Transition Action Network.
- In partnership with the Director of Community Relations, coordinate the Cradle to Career AmeriCorps VISTA grant (specifically ensuring compliance as outlined by AmeriCorps VISTA, organizing reports, reviewing and processing monthly VISTA expenditures)
- Assist with resource development by drafting proposals, tracking grants and reports, and preparing for funder briefings
- Handle all bookkeeping tasks, including tracking and paying invoices, utilizing QuickBooks to allocate and monitor grant funds
- Support financial reporting tasks, including preparing monthly financial statements.
- Draft and edit communications and promotional materials targeting key constituencies, such as newsletters, emails/announcements, flyers, social media, etc.
- Complete research assignments as needed (e.g., best practices on various strategies relevant to the 55,000 Degrees agenda)
- Assist Executive Director with hiring processes and on-boarding new staff
- Manage files and organizational records